Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cascade Fixation Yarn Review

I'm going to jump in with this one before someone else gets there!

Cascade Fixation, in my opinion, is a wonderful yarn that knits up in to comfortable thick cotton socks that wear and wash really well. The yarn is 98.3% cotton and 1.7% elastic and knits up really well for socks on 3.25mm needles (the label says 4.5mm which might work for a garment but with socks I believe you need a much tighter fabric), the gauge is given as 29 stitches and 12 rows per 10cm. There are 100 yards relaxed and 183 yards stretched on a 50 gram ball which means you need 2 balls for a pair of adult socks or 1 ball for a pair of anklets.

Examples of Fixation socks:










More and more Fixation patterns are showing up finally, a few years back there were very few interesting ones to be had. Some of my Fixation patterns are listed on the sidebar or can be found at my blog.

It can take a little knitting to get used to the yarn and how much you should stretch it when you're knitting, but once you've got the hang of it it's great to use and I always have a good few balls in my stash!

Anna in Liverpool England

No comments: