Thursday, August 16, 2007

bamboo sockettes

I've got sockettes on the needles, and I'm using Panda yarn. It's not made of panda fur though, it's 55% bamboo, 24% cotton and 21% elastic. It's probably going to take 3 balls to make 2 mini socks. The colourway is Strawberry Lime, and it's made by Crystal Palace.

I tried on the sock-in-progress and it feels nice. Soft and stretchy. It's nice to knit with too, because of the stretchiness. One small problem is that I ripped back and started over, and the yarn got a bit stringy. Know what I mean? The many strands in the yarn and got un-spun with the wear and tear of knitting and frogging.


The pattern is from the Knitting Pattern a Day 2007 calendar. There aren't many patterns in there that I'd like to make, but the sockettes are cute and easy.

3 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Oooh, those look cute! I want to get some of that same color to make some of those Cookie A Monkey socks.

Carla said...

It's a nice colour, all the colours are nice. Crystal Palace is so much fun!

affectioknit2 said...

Oooh Pretty - nice sockettes and what a cute idea for a calendar...