Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bernat Cool Crochet - One more Review

I bought this yarn back in the spring when I was looking for some cool cotton to make summer socks - and as you can see I have yet to knit any cool summer socks - but I will - I think something nice and lacy...

This is Bernat's description:
Cool Crochet
All Shades (161074)
Tension
26 sts - 36 rows = 4" (10 cm)
Suggested Knitting Needle
3.75 mm, US - 5
Suggested Crochet Hook
3.75 mm, US - F/5
Care
Machine washable. Lay flat to dry.
All Shades (161074)
Content: 70% Cotton - 30% Nylon
Put-up: 1.75 oz / 50 g, 3 Balls / Package
Length: 200 yd / 182 m
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=coolcrochet

The yarn is very soft and has a slight shimmer - it glides on the needles - which is nice after the stiff Baby Denim...

I swatched on size 2 needles and the shimmer is not so apparent in the stockinette stitch - but still a very nice drapey fabric.

So - if you know of a nice lacey summer sock pattern - send it my way...

No comments: