Tuesday, July 31, 2007

No, ME!

I'd do anything for some Fixation. (wink wink) Love that stuff.

I live in the mountains of Eastern TN, mispronounced daily in the weather channel. (Appal-AH-chian) I have 2 teenage daughters that I laughingly and lovingly homeschool. I'm vegan, hubby and youngest DD are vegetarian, and my 16 yr old DD is happily carnivorous. Go figure. I also work as a petsitter.

Been knitting for most of this year- the moment I learned to knit (Mostly against my will) I felt a fire light up inside myself that hasn't gone out yet. I've always been artsy, but started suffering from severe hand pain a few years ago and had to give up my first love, quilting, and did nothing artistic til I learned to knit. I hadn't realized how needy that part of myself had become. Knitting rocks my world. I've been buying sock yarn for months, but would you believe I haven't knit one yet? I've knit plenty of beer cozies that would pass for socks if you were drunk enough, but this pair of socks that I'm casting on this coming Friday will be my first pair. Yippee Ki Yay.
I blog at http://shutupimcounting.blogspot.com
and I'm co-hosting the Vegan Pal 2 swap at http://veganpal2.blogspot.com/
Cass

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Cass,
I have you to thank for joining this blog! (I hope that everyone else doesn't blame you for me finding this blog!)
I am touched by your dedication to your family, to knitting and to still having a couple of drinks at the end of the day.
I'm looking forward to reading more about your sock knitting adventures.
Dawn