Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I love fixation so much I could marry it

Hi all,



It's fun reading about other vegan knitters! And it's fabulous to know there are other "vegan knitting freaks" out there other than me!



So here's the lowdown on my life....

I've been vegan for about 15 years (vegetarian for 14 years before going vegan). I'm married to my DH for 20 years (yeow!), who is also vegan. We have chosen non-human children as our family and at the moment live with 2 rescued birds, 1 cat and a rescued foster dog.



I've been knitting for about 2 years and have decided that small projects are good because it gives me the illusion that I'm accomplishing a ton. I've knit one pair of socks so far....with fixation, which is wonderful to knit with. The socks are for my DH....they came out a tad small but he is excited about his new socks, which probably restrict his circulation, but he never complains. What a guy.

I live in California, rarely wear shoes and plan to knit myself a pair of socks next....barefoot toes get cold every once in a while.

2 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Hi "knitting Veg,"
Deleted my earlier comment because of some terrible grammatical problems:)
Thanks for the lowdown. I've been married for 14 year and I'm hoping/certain to make it the (Yeow!) 20 years:) My husband is quite a guy too but a full-on carnivore. Can you lend me any secrets:)
We too have decided on living with non-human children and share our home with two dogs.
I look forward to learning more from you.
Dawn