Monday, November 26, 2007

First Hedera Done!

(also posted on my blog)



Yes, I finally finished the first Hedera sock. I had trouble with the lace pattern in the beginning and I think that put some bad vibes into the yarn and kept me from working on it as much as I should have. (Bad vibes? Did I really say that?) Anywho, the sock is done and it fits wonderfully, I can't wait for the second one to be done so I can wear these babies!

The yarn is Crystal Palace's Maizy (82% Corn Fiber - 18% elastic nylon), the fabric feels great and it was nice to work with except when it came time to kitchner the toe. Oh how the yarn fought me! But I still love this yarn and will be continuing to collect it and pack it in the sock yarn box like a squirrel. Oooh, and there are going to be some new colors for Spring, I'm really excited about "stormy purple" and "earth."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! I've been eyeing that sock pattern.

Thanks also for the link to the new Maizy colors. I am swooning over the Earth colorway, too.

affectioknit2 said...

Those are so pretty - I can't wait to get my hands on some Maizy too.